- Jim Fleckenstein
When you hire James B. Fleckenstein Injury Law Attorney (located in Syracuse, New York), you will be entering into what is called the attorney-client relationship. That relationship is governed by rules which detail the responsibilities that lawyers owe to their clients and include principles such as confidentiality, professionalism, ethics and respect. When you come to our law firm for your legal needs, you can be confident that James B. Fleckenstein upholds the New York court system's Statement of Client Rights, listed below:
New York State Unified Court System - Statement of Client's Rights Section 1210.1 of the Joint Rules of the Appellate Division (22NYCRRÂ§1210.1)
- You are entitled to be treated with courtesy and consideration at all times by your lawyer and the other lawyers and personnel in your lawyer's office.
- You are entitled to an attorney capable of handling your legal matter competently and diligently, in accordance with the highest standards of the profession. If you are not satisfied with how your matter is being handled, you have the right to withdraw from the attorney-client relationship at any time (court approval may be required in some matters and your attorney may have a claim against you for the value of services rendered to you up to the point of discharge).
- You are entitled to your lawyer's independent professional judgment and undivided loyalty uncompromised by conflicts of interest.
- You are entitled to be charged a reasonable fee and to have your lawyer explain at the outset how the fee will be computed and the manner and frequency of billing. You are entitled to request and receive a written itemized bill from your attorney at reasonable intervals. You may refuse to enter into any fee arrangement that you find unsatisfactory. In the event of a fee dispute, you may have the right to seek arbitration; your attorney will provide you with the necessary information regarding arbitration in the event of a fee dispute, or upon your request.
- You are entitled to have your questions and concerns addressed in a prompt manner and to have your telephone calls returned promptly.
- You are entitled to be kept informed as to the status of your matter and to request and receive copies of papers. You are entitled to sufficient information to allow you to participate meaningfully in the development of your matter.
- You are entitled to have your legitimate objectives respected by your attorney, including whether or not to settle your matter (court approval of a settlement is required in some matters).
- You have the right to privacy in your dealings with your lawyer and to have your secrets and confidences preserved to the extent permitted by law.
- You are entitled to have your attorney conduct himself or herself ethically in accordance with the Code of Professional Responsibility.
- You may not be refused representation on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Contact James B. Fleckenstein online today or call our Syracuse, New York injury attorney law office at (315) 475-3012 for a free consultation. Our responsibility is to help you in your time of need. Our Syracuse personal injury attorney returns all calls every day, usually within the hour - even on weekends. We will fight for you!